Monday, July 2, 2012

Week 5

I'm really getting used to this whole biking and/or walking everywhere routine.  Since I have most of my transportational needs in downtown Burlington, my favorite part of the day is whizzing past cars at traffic lights on my bike.  For most of the things I do, it doesn't even make a whole lot of sense for me to have a car, but I hit two milestones this weeks on errands that do typically involve some form of automobile.

Since I don't have a washer and dryer in my apartment unit, I usually grab a ride from a friend and we'll both do laundry together at a laundromat, but instead I huffed and I puffed and I walked my enormous bag of 2-week old laundry to the closest laundromat without any sort of motor.  I can now totally see why people steal shopping carts.

The second thing I did which I have been putting off is biking a bulk purchase home with a backpack instead of driving it.  Granted, this wasn't the largest of shopping trips, but  I definitely loaded up my 4,000 cubic inch backpack full of 20 lb of catfood, 5 lb of carrots, spaghetti sauce, milk, cheese, eggs, and took a couple extra shopping bags in my hands with bread and other crushables.  It was, by far, the largest (and heaviest) grocery run without the aid of a car.

Still no pictures of my cruising around on my bike, because I usually fly solo around town, but I'll have to go on a group trip or stage a couple photos sometime coming up soon to really bring in some other forms of media besides boring old letters and numbers.  To make up for it, here's a picture of a cat:

No comments:

Post a Comment