Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Week 3

So I have officially moved into my new apartment.  With that, I now live only 3 blocks away from my job and downtown.  Walking, biking, and skipping to work has never been easier.  A big motivator of choosing a new apartment location was to be closer to work, not necessarily for the easily traverse-able summer months, but for the rainy and winter seasons.  It's a huge relief / benefit to reduce my reliance on traffic schedules.

I saw this poster on the internet and thought it was funny (and well put)

The best part, is zero commute not only means no fuel bill, but I also get an extra 30-45 minutes in my day.  I take two steps out my office door, and I'm home, doing activities, playing guitar, and even doing some extra biking I never would have thought of doing otherwise.

Finally, a shout out to CarShareVT for running a great program to get people off the road (even if that means  reducing the need for CarShares in the first place).

No comments:

Post a Comment