Friday, July 13, 2012

Week 7

Ok, new milestones every single week.  I've, maybe for the first time in my life, turned down a offer from my roommate who has a car to take me on an errand > 2 miles away in lieu of riding my bike there.  Last sunday was a gorgeous day and I knew I wanted to go for a bike ride and get some copies made at Staples, but wasn't really sure if I wanted to do them simultaneously.  As I was leaving, strapped up with my back pack, wallet, and helmet, my roommate, who was headed that direction anyway, asked me if I wanted a ride. I proudly said, NO.  One constant crutch and loophole has been to borrow other people's car's.  And while carpooling is great, it doesn't directly result in the independence i'd like and the carbon footprint reductions I'm shooting for.  It was great to finally do things on my own, even if it meant a little more time doing it; it was time well spent.

Well after almost two months without an personal automated form of transportation, I honestly feel better than ever.  I've been walking, biking, and running a lot more often: things I always wanted to do anyway, but needed a little kick to get into.

Off for a walk right now to the grocery store during my lunch break!

No comments:

Post a Comment